Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Three Times Better

One of my characters has been named Brooke Adams - a name with two problems. First, there seems to be a prejudice out there against characters named Brooke, and I don't need anything more going against my manuscript other than the fact that I wrote it. Second, Mrs. Tony Shalhoub is named Brooke Adams, and as some unpleasant things happen to my character I would hate for them to take it personally or for things to be prophetic. Tech Sgt. Chen has been through enough.

So Brooke Adams meet Barbara Adams.

No irrational prejudice.

No lawsuits from the Shalhoubs.

Plus - the third good thing about the switch - I can now use the legendary zombie movie line "They're coming to get you, Barbara" at some point in the story.

Yay. Yay. Yay.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home