Thursday, March 03, 2005

Don't Say the "Zed Word"

Well, I've watched my zombie living-dead movies and learned a couple things. First, as I've indicated twice in this post, the Z-word is out. Second, for as much as is made of the living-dead thriving on fresh brains, both films went with the ultra-gory throat and torso gut shots over the skull-cracking, goo-chewing route.

Both of these revelations are fine by me.

Technically, what I have in Revival are reanimated corpses, which is in keeping with its HP Lovecraft/"Herbert West" origins. Nobody's eating anybody. Killing for sport, on the other hand....

I liked seeing the fast-moving creatures in the Dawn of the Dead remake. Mine don't move that fast, but they're still fairly fast. If you're sufficiently motivated and have room to move you could get away from one on foot, but if you get yourself cornered or get a side-cramp all bets are off.

Finally, with the Z-word being out, I can have a nice dialogue exchange about that fact to break tension at some point.

1 Comments:

Blogger Valerie Comer said...

Apparently I've missed checking things out in *Revival* land for a week or so, and you've been busy! Glad to see things are proceeding well.

6:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home