Monday, February 13, 2006

Making the Most of the Inopportune Moment

Last night our church threw a Valentine's Day dinner/youth group fundraiser. Prime rib was served and childcare was provided. We were so there.

Between the entree and the cheesecake I had to go make room for an after-dinner coffee. I hated leaving Dina at the table alone, but, not being catheterized, I had little choice. Washing my hands in the men's room, I remembered a detail I'd forgotten to include in my revision, a certain sound effect that would pay off later. (Why I do my best thinking in the bathroom is beyond me.)

I dried my hands and wrote WAGNER CRASH on my left index finger (a convenient notetaking spot when a notebook or toilet paper spool isn't available). In the dim candlelight back at the table I don't think Dina noticed I'd been multitasking during our night out together. Whew!

2 Comments:

Blogger lindaruth said...

She probably knows now if she reads this. :)

9:50 AM  
Blogger Mikesell said...

D'oh!

9:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home