Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Reality, Fiction Collide

Today through Friday (11/9-11/11) are the dates covered in my WIP. My guestimated weather isn't that far off. There's a warming trend today through tomorrow according to Weather Underground. I think I have temps 5-10 degrees (Fahrenheit) warmer, but it's nice to match the trend. UW shows things cooling off on the weekend with a chance of weather. In my WIP things get bitterly cold on Friday with a storm blowing in that evening. Again, not a perfect match, but it's not inconceivable.

Of greater concern is the possibility that something'll happen in the news that'll foul things up for my story (and whoever they foul things up for in real life, too, I s'pose). If the mystery bulge explodes, for instance. Or there's some scandal in high school 1A football. Terrorism's bad too. Statewide politics is quiet, no politics at all on the front page of the East Oregonian, so I can avoid factoring that in. I haven't specified the year, and have avoided dropping in overt technological references (no iPods or TiVo), so unless something unforeseen happens I should be safe.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home