Saturday, August 27, 2005

Learning What You Don't Know

Writing my short story for Dave's Contest has taught me a few things.

First, it taught me a bunch of cool surfing lingo, courtesy of sites like riptionary.com.

It also taught me the difference between Neap and Spring Tides.

And it taught me about various divisions of an Air Force Wing.

Granted, it's not a lot of knowledge==not the stuff Jeopardy millions are made of. But then again, I don't want to learn too much and wind up like this guy.

3 Comments:

Blogger MD Brauer, MD said...

Chris,

You are going to be an author, no matter how you define it. You have an abundance of talent.

blessings,
Marvin

7:59 AM  
Blogger lindaruth said...

Your research paid off.
You did the surfing lingo so well I thought you'd been a surfer. I half expected the Beach Boys to start singing in the background. :)
Linda

9:01 AM  
Blogger Mike Duran said...

I thought I'd grown tired of the invisible spiritual warfare stuff, but your short story was fantastic!

8:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home