Monday, August 22, 2005

17 Years and It's Victory Now

It's been roughly 17 years since I metriculated into UC Santa Cruz with hopes of a degree in Creative Writing. I wound up with a BA in English Lit from San Jose State, but that's another story.

Still, I wanted to be a Writer.

It wasn't until last November that I finally got around to becoming one (hence, this blog). And it wasn't until this past Spring that I took steps to becoming an Author (also known as a published writer).

Back in June I submitted a short humor piece to The Door Magazine. I received word today that they would, in fact, like to publish it.

Technically, I'm not an Author yet, but I'm a heck of a lot closer than I was 17 years ago.

1 Comments:

Blogger lindaruth said...

Hooray (again)! Good things come to those who wait. Anything worth having is worth waiting for. Cliches just trip off my fingers today. Those 17 years weren't wasted, though, because you've been learning and becoming the fine writer that you are. (I read your conversion story last night!)
Linda

5:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home